Course: Anatomy, Physiology, and Massage / Holistic Massage Level 3 UK
This is the foundation course for many complementary therapies and an introduction to many others and includes an introduction to Sports Massage / Physical Therapy. The course provides Students /Learners with a thorough understanding of Anatomy and Physiology of the body so that they have a working knowledge of the structure and functions of the areas on which they are working. It introduces them to pathology and general medical terminology. The course includes Holistic Massage routines and incorporates the classical movements of massage for treating the whole body. The course is taught with a blended learning approach with major emphasis on the practical elements.
Synopsis of Syllabus:
1. Anatomy and Physiology: to cover 8 major and 3 minor systems
2. The Classical movements of massage and their physiological and psychological
effects on the body
3. History of massage and the importance of a holistic approach
4. Health, Safety, Red flag situations and Hygiene in the clinic room
5. Pathology of the systems of the body as per syllabus.
6 Professional Ethics, Professional conduct, Client care.
7. Clinic management - Clinic room Practice
8. Review Infra – Red treatments
9. Review G- 5 treatments
10. Case Studies as per syllabus
11. Over-View of other natural therapies and CAM therapies.
12. Introduction Lecturers to:
· Sports Massage,
· Lymphatic drainage massage
· Indian Head massage
13 First-Aid as per Order of Malta or Occupational First-Aid syllabus (Optional extra)
1 IISSM Continuous Assessment Practical and Theory
2 ITEC Practical external examination
3 ITEC Theory of Holistic Massage 1hr multiple choice paper
4 ITEC Anatomy & Physiology 1hr multiple choice paper
5 ITEC Professional Conduct /Business Awareness 1hr multiple choice paper.
6 Case studies 5 clients treated on 4 occasions as per syllabus.
7 First-Aid where applicable.
If Students have completed Units U2 –anatomy and Physiology and U22 professional Conduct / Business awareness once they show photocopies of same the College will apply for their APL
Qualification / Awards:
1 ITEC Dip in Holistic Massage.
2 IISSM Dip in Anatomy and Physiology.
3 IISSM Dip Pathology.
4 IISSM Dip in Massage
5 IISSM Dip in Clinic Room Management
Starting : April 2017 - one weekend a month . Friday evenings 18.00 to 21.00 / 18.30 -21.30
Saturdays 09.30 - 17.00 Occasional Sundays 09.30 - 17.00